Drug Offenses in Ohio
Due to the “War on Drugs” declared by state and federal law enforcement agencies, many serious drug offenses in Ohio carry a penalty of mandatory prison time. In addition, prosecutors in Ohio are looking for an increase in punishment terms for individuals found guilty of drug crimes. The difference between a guilty and non-guilty finding for a drug charge can often be directly attributed to the quality of defense an individual receives throughout the judicial process.
The attorneys at Luftman, Heck and Associates in Ohio offer extensive experience representing clients on a wide range of drug charges. From minor drug offenses such as possession of the smallest amount of marijuana to major narcotic cases that include complexities like DEA wiretapping, the firm ensures that the best possible outcome is always received for our client.
Examples of drug offenses Luftman, Heck and Associates in Ohio represents include:
- Manufacture and cultivation;
- Possession for personal use;
- Possession for sale;
- Transportation and distribution;
- Violent drug crimes;
- Smuggling; and
- Interstate drug transport.
The Luftman, Heck and Associates Advantage
We at Luftman, Heck and Associates ensure that you will receive the fair trial that you deserve. We make certain that the entire process – from when charges are filed to how final outcomes are delivered – is done legally and adheres to your constitutional rights. All of our clients’ cases receive a thorough examination as to how the evidence was obtained, and from there continue to monitor the entire judicial process. There are many ways a case can be dismissed due to illegal steps made on the behalf of others, including:
- Fourth Amendment violations;
- Warrants issued without probable cause;
- Wiretapping and other illegal surveillance;
- Miranda Rights warnings omitted, abridged or defied by police and prosecutors;
- Possession of “drug paraphernalia” as evidence of a crime;
- Statements and evidence illegally obtained, or improperly allowed at trial; and
- Findings delivered as a result of canine searches (drug-sniffing dogs).
Get Started Today
If you or a loved one are in need of criminal defense representation in Columbus or Cincinnati, Ohio and are interested in learning more about Luftman, Heck and Associates LLP, please fill out a contact form. A member of our law firm will contact you directly to discuss your case in more detail and provide additional information about our drug defense services.