On December 8th, 2021, LHA founder and accomplished defense attorney Benjamin L. Luftman discussed his intake process for first-time DUI callers as part of myLawCLE’s continuing legal education webinar series.
First-time DUI Callers: Program Highlights
Attendees will learn about remaining empathetic and informative during first-time DUI calls. He breaks down how to gather all the relevant contact information, case details and inform the client about mandatory and optional penalties, license suspension, driving privileges, and ultimately the avenues available to accomplish the client’s specific goals. Attorneys will also see how an authoritative approach can be a valuable sales tactic regarding an initial OVI intake conversation.
Key Topics Discussed
- ALS Suspension and driving privileges
- Potential penalties and client case goals
- Types of evidence and analysis
- Local Jurisdiction
- Taking DUIs to Court and the process –expectations, hearings, discovery, and trial
- Competitive attorney fees