Benjamin L. Luftman
partner at Luftman, Heck and Associates, LLP, Mr. Luftman’s practice focuses in the areas of criminal defense and traffic violations, particularly OVI/DUI defense. Mr. Luftman regularly speaks about OVI/DUI law at Certified Driver Intervention programs throughout central Ohio. Mr. Luftman is certified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for successfully completing the same training that is required for law enforcement officers to conduct roadside Standardized Field Sobriety Tests.
Mr. Luftman co-authored a chapter titled, “Proven Strategies to Effectively Assert Your Client’s Fourth Amendment Rights” in The Legality of Search and Seizure in DUI Cases, 2011 ed., a nationally published DUI book to assist defense attorneys across the country in their DUI cases.
Mr. Luftman has also appeared on radio as a featured speaker on the topic of OVI/DUI law.
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Academy of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA) Jury Instructions Committee
- Wellness Driver Intervention Program Advisory Board
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- 2003 J.D., Capital University Law School
- 2000 B.A., The Ohio State University
Classes / Seminars Taught
- OVI/DUI Law, Dublin Counseling Center Certified Driver Intervention Program
- OVI/DUI Law, Mount Carmel Certified Driver Intervention Program
- OVI/DUI Law, Parkside Behavioral Healthcare Certified Driver Intervention Program
- OVI/DUI Law, Wellness Group Certified Driver Intervention Program
- OVI/DUI Law, Pathways Certified Driver Intervention Program
- Defending Clients Charged with OVI Seminar, Muskingum County Bar Association
Honors & Other Awards
- 2010 & 2011 Super Lawyers Ohio Rising Star Attorney
- Named CBA’s ColumbusLawyerFinder.com Lawyer of the Day on February 2, 2010
- Only OVI/DUI law attorney selected as 2010 Super Lawyer Rising Star Attorney for the State of Ohio
- Co-authored jury instruction on Vehicular Vandalism that was adopted by the Ohio State Bar Association Jury Instructions Committee and used by courts throughout Ohio.